Friday 7 June 2013

Day 37 Foncebadón to Molinaseca

The energy in Albergue Monte Irago was so amazing, I slept for 9 hours.
The rules state you may not pack a bag before 6am. That was the best news ever as we had more sleep.

I set off at 7:30am and met Neil from Ireland. We started chatting about the normal stuff of where you from and what you do back home.
Neil owned a couple of travel agencies in Ireland and retired at age 42. What an amazing person to meet. When I told him what I had in mind for a future career he passed on some valuable advice.
At the moment I had a view of the Cruz de Ferro, the clouds moved away and sun came out and the view was spectacular. 
I then knew it was time to place a stone in memory of Mark Jones. (Refer to earlier blog posting for details)
A few people had gathered to place stones and the energy was peaceful. I was amazed at all stones that had messages on them. It was a very emotional time for me on that mountain.
I then walked along the mountain path to a very small town of Manjarín, it's so small that if you blinked you would have passed it.
There was an interesting little shop, I popped in and looked around. I could not buy anything as it would weigh me down even more.
After Manjarín it was uphill and then the dreadful downhill to Acebo. The decent was hectic on my shins and knees but somehow I survived it. 
Acebo is a typical Camino town almost totally renovated. I loved the town, stopped for breakfast and found Iris, Colston and Carole. They were planning on moving on two more towns before stopping for the night.
I walked on to the town of Riego de Ambrós, it's lower in altitude therefore somewhat warmer. There are many stone houses renovated for pilgrim accommodation. 
The town seemed very quiet so I decided to carry on Molinaseca, the decent was hectic but I managed to complete it.
I met up with Ronel another South African, turns out she knows Lizette and Veronica.
I walked over the bridge and my hotel was waiting on the right, I checked into the El Palacio hotel. After my shower I was stupid enough to cut my toe on the shower edge, what not do when walking a load of km's per day.  (Stupid stupid me) 
I met up with Dawn from the States, a lovely lady who works in the hospitality trade. We had dinner together with many interesting discussions.
Let's see what tomorrow brings, sore  toe and all.







































3 comments:

  1. I love that last picture of you, looking so healthy and happy. Great that you met that Irish guy , so maybe sometimes the Camino does bring what you want.how he gave you some great advice. The flowers look beautiful your pics. Spring is fabulous. I hope your toe heals quickly, try a compeed. Good luck with the hills ahead.
    Meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really special pic's of buildings we can only dream of. Love the last photo of you; looking good.
    Hope your injury does not handicap you too much.
    Stay strong and take it easy, you are very well ahead of time. Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking amazing in that pic bob - truly happy & relaxed. Thank you so much for carrying Mark's precious stones & messages all that way - and placing them at such a special place on the Camino. We will never forget your tribute to our precious Mark - it means so much that you did that. Your pics are so beautiful, it's a treat to see them. Keep strong & I think you are doing incredibly well - so proud of you. Good luck with your toe & the hills ahead, love bob xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.